Following the acquisition of FDXTENDED by Airangel in 2017, the HSMX platform has been replaced by the latest release, Captivnet. This latest release combines all the key HSMX components with a new suite of enterprise features and is GDPR ready.. In addition, Airangel have introduced a process and commercial incentives to support the migration of existing HSMX appliances onto the new Captivnet platform.
HSMX End of Life Timeline
1. April 30th 2018 – HSMX end of Sale to new customers (appliances, licenses, software, and hardware support)
2. May 25th 2018 – Airangel will no longer support any HSMX licences that do not have a valid Software Support Maintenance Licence.
3. May 25th 2018 – Free of charge license conversions – HSMX software that has a valid software support service can be migrated to Captivnet for the term of the paid support (as at April 30th)
Captivnet has been designed with flexibility and scalability in mind. To ensure that Captivnet can be installed in any environment and to serve different customer needs across many sector types and geographic regions, we have developed three main deployment methods:
1. Captivnet Cloud
2. Captivnet Hybrid Cloud
3. Captivnet On-premises
Additional enterprise features are available in both the Hybrid Cloud and On-premises options where a Captivnet Fusion Appliance is utilised.
The journey to the cloud may seem to present itself with perils and problems and may not suit all customer requirements. Captivnet has the expertise and experience to guide you on the right path
A comparison of HSMX vs Captivnet Hybrid Cloud and On-Prem Solutions
|Features||HSMX||Captivnet Hybrid Cloud & On-prem|
|802.1X / Hotspot 2.0 OSU||-|
|Marketing engine / content injection||-|
|Surveys and rewards||-|
|Location based services||-||With required hardware|
|Cloud managed gateway support (based on routeros)||-|
|Fully customisable captive portal & HTML editor||Limited & Complex|
|Portal Template Management||-|
|Multi Property Roaming||-||Cloud & hybrid only|
|WLAN - Personal Area Network / Conference Network||-|
|Networking Config: LAN, WAN, DHCP, NAT|
|MAC based auth|
|High Availability (Active/passive)|
|Change of Authorisation (COA)(tier update immediately applied to live users)||-|
|Port speed limits (limit lan port to X mbit)||-|
|Active/active gateways (instead of active/passive)||-|
|White List urls / Black list urls|
|Post-Auth walled garden - Allow only rule||-|
|Simple language management||-|
|Push notification service||-|
|Virtual Testing AP||-|
|Welcome Back (MAC Recognition)||-|
|Copy / Clone Portals||-|
|Rules Engine for External Authentication||-|
|Post Auth Options||Single||multi|
|Basic Status Page|
|Advance status page with marketing targeting rules||-|
|Version controlled terms and conditions||-|
|Guest data encryption||-|
|Data retention policies||-|
|Encrypted data fields||-|
Captivnet Cloud & Hybrid Cloud
Existing HSMX customers who wish to upgrade to Captivnet can do so via one of the following options:
|Upgrade Options||Comments||Approximate upgrade time|
|Captivnet Cloud (option 1)||Reconfigure existing HSMX hardware to act as a gateway device||1 hour|
|Captivnet Cloud (option 2)||Existing HSMX swap out for supported Mikrotik or other third-party gateway||1 hour|
|Captive On-prem (option 1)||Using existing HSMX hardware – (excludes HSMX-25 and HSMX-100)||8 hours (downtime 2/3 hours)|
|Captive On-prem (option 2)||Upgrade to Fusion Appliance||8 hours|
Whilst there are cost implications for upgrade options requiring replacement hardware, there is also an option for existing HSMX customers, with an existing support packages, to upgrade free of charge to Captivnet Cloud for a limited period.
|FUSION 500||FUSION 2K||FUSION 10K|
|CPU:||4C/4T E3-1220V6 3.0G||4C/8T E3-1230V6 3.5G ||8C/16T 3.7G|
|HDD:||SSD-256GB||SSD-512GB||RAID 1-SSD 512GB|
|NIC:||4x1Gbit||4x1Gbit||4x1 Gbit, 2x SFP+|
|PSU:||Single||Dual PSU||Dual PSU|
- Injection Jets Connector
- On-Prem deployment option
- Hotel PMS Connector
HSMX to Captivnet upgrade FAQs
- Customers may transition to a Captivnet solution now, free of any additional fees until the expiry of their current HSMX software support agreement. Convert to an enhanced platform now for no additional service fees until current HSMX SMSL expires.
- The customer would need to agree in advance via a PO to purchase Captivnet service fees for a minimum period of 12 months to run from the expiry date of their current HSMX software support licence.
- Please note that the Captivnet service includes the equivalent Software Support Maintenance for the term agreed (Minimum term 12 months)
- Customers without support have until the 30th April to renew their Software and Hardware Maintenance License.
- Any customers who do not have a valid Maintenance License by the 30th April may not subsequently purchase HSMX support and will not be supported.
- Customers may transition to a Captivnet Local or Cloud solution at 50% of the agreed MSRP price for the first 12 months. The customer must elect, issue a PO and pay in advance for 24 months of Captivnet service. (12 months at a 50% discount of MSRP + 12 months at the standard MSRP price)
- This incentive is valid to the 30th April 2018 and customer must commit and issue a PO prior to the 30th April detailing a date for license conversion which will be no later than the 30th June 2018.